Monday, May 7, 2012

Goal-Setting

My new favorite goal-setting tool is Day Zero, an awesome website that I found through Bridget's blog.  Day Zero has a list called 101 Things in 1001 Days that allows you to set up a list of goals and monitor your progress.  I like that the time line is long enough to give you time to accomplish your goals but short enough that you don't push them off forever.

I started my Day Zero list on March 20th, and I have accomplished 5 of my 68 items (I still need to come up with some more).  Most of my goals are related to personal finance, travel, my career, and personal improvement.  I also have a few goals related to maintaining connections with friends and family, such as my goals to send birthday and Christmas cards.

This weekend I completed my goal to compete in a triathlon.  Three years ago I thought that completing a triathlon was something that I would never be able to accomplish.   At that point I didn't even think that I could finish a 5K run!  It was so rewarding to check that goal off my list-and to know that it won't be my last triathlon.  (Side note: there was an 87-year-old woman competing in the triathlon this weekend.  How's that for inspiring?!)

What are your goals?  Do you have any recommendations for goals (especially PF goals) that I should add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment